Monday, October 24, 2011

The Wreath Project - Final Edition

I finally made my burlap wreath yesterday!  I have been talking about it for a couple of months now and posted the link to the tutorial I used in this blog posting.  But, I am going to list out detailed instructions with pictures below!  It was SUPER easy and didn't take any time at all! 

Step 1:  Find old wire hangers and shape them into circles

Step 2: Cut burlap into 3 inch wide strips.  I just eyeballed mine so some were 3 inches, some were 2 and some might have been 4!  (I bought 3 yards of burlap and made 2 wreaths out of it)

Step 3: Put burlap strips onto the circle wire form, fold it like an accordion onto the wire.  I found it was better to keep them tight rather than loose folds.

Step 4: Continue adding burlap until you think your wreath is full enough and then use a pliers to attach the wire together to hold your circle.  And here's your final product!

I installed the wreath onto the wreath holder and then added the bow.  I'm not very good at tying fancy bows, so this is what I got....it doesn't look too bad.  Anyways, here's a picture with my 2 wreaths on our front doors.  I'm really pleased with the results and the total cost was really cheap.  My burlap was about $7 (with a 50% off coupon), my mom gave me the wire hangers and I had the ribbon...and it only took me about 30 minutes to complete both wreaths!  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment