Monday, November 15, 2010

The Wreath Project

This weekend I worked on a really cool book page wreath, I saw the idea on a friends page and fell in love!  So, I wanted to try it out myself and see if I could make one that looked just as good.  I spent most of the day on Saturday working on it, it took almost 5 hours and a lot of burns from the hot glue gun!  But, it was worth it!

Ethan helped me tear the pages out of the books, sacrificing only a few to rips. He got bored pretty quickly after that and abandoned me to play Wii!  Anyways, here's my initial prototype wreath, it's almost 20" in diameter.  I'm going to make an even bigger one to hang in my living room...I'm going to accent the edges of it with orange paint(one of my all time favorite colors!).

I'm thinking about making these to sell on my etsy page. Hopefully, it won't take as long now that I have made 1.  Anyways, if you'd like to see step by step instructions to try and make your own, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment